Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Palony juice

My mother was quick to remind me of another one of my culinary faux pas. I was around 12 and we were living in Nelspruit. It was the Dippie year (story for another blog) and one particular day I wasn't feeling well. I was very, very nauseous. I had figured out somewhere along the line that Marmite helps to deal with nausea. I had taken a big spoon full of Marmite and sucked some off the spoon but just couldn't finish it, so I left the spoon in the fridge.

Something, and to this day I don't know what, had dripped into the spoon, I think it might have been milk. When I next returned for my next lick........yuck, it tasted like palony!!!! In my innocence I yelled, “Who put palony juice in my Marmite??!!” To this day I've never lived that one down. Bwahaha!

There are some mistakes that we make in life that are genuinely innocent. We truly do not understand at the time what it is that we are getting ourselves into. We say or do things that only once committed are seen to be big mistakes. It is easy for us to beat ourselves up about that, but God is a good God, He knows the intent and thoughts of our heart. In situations like that all we need do is show genuine sorrow for our error and He will forgive and forget those things quicker than we can even utter the word, “I'm sorry God!”

If you have faltered in your faith in any way, reach out to God today and ask for forgiveness. His everlasting love is only a heartbeat away.

No comments:

Post a Comment