Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, October 31, 2016

Just another heat wave

With summer now in full swing the heat waves are hitting hard, especially as we have not had the normal rain fall we are used too. I am longing for those late afternoon thunder storms that cooled off the day.

Longing for and missing the rain has brought with it a flood of emotion with missing my Honey-Bear. I had come to feel that I had moved on and accepted his loss but a flood of emotion has brought it all back.

Longing and yearning aren't new to mankind and David expressed it well when he wrote, “As the deer pants for the water, so my soul longs after you. You alone are my hearts desire and I long to worship you.”

The beautiful difference between longing for rain and longing for God is that unlike longing for rain, where the end is unsure, we can be assured that as we long for God, He indeed can make His presence felt in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment