Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Pack hunting

After a week of being locked up downstairs at night, I decided over the weekend that I would let the kitties decide for themselves where they wanted to sleep. I think it was on Saturday morning that the little guys decided at 2am that they wanted to go out again, so I was happy to oblige.

My body has become used to the 4am routine so I actually woke up then by myself and decided to check on them. I opened the door and called and called but no response. Then I saw two little figures pack hunting something around the flower pots just off my patio. I called a few more times but they ignored me flat. Figuring they were having fun I decided to leave them to hunt and head back to bed.

Have you ever wondered why God is sometimes silent? Well I figure there are times when He would want to chat to us but when He arrives He finds us “having fun” or just plain doing well and He figures he'll leave us be to get on with things. When our hearts are right before God, I think He knows we will turn to Him when we are ready for His companionship and He is happy to oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment