Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Besties

I always take great delight in spending time with one of my best friends, Bridget. Our friendship has spanned the decades that I have been here in Jo'burg although Bridget has lived outside of South Africa for many years now. Her visits here to see her family are always special and I treasure every moment we spend together.

The important thing here is that although continents now separate us the foundation of our friendship is strong and though we may only see each other once or maybe twice a year, the communication we have is genuine and I suppose it helps that I write my blogs so she is updated on the events of my life as they happen.

That is what our relationship with God is like. We may only truly 'see' or hear from God occasionally (and I think it is only for our own good that He sometimes is silent) but the relationship we have is real and can be trusted no matter what happens. If there is one thing we can count on, it is that God will be our best friend for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment