Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, May 8, 2016

Don't stop now

When we came to the realization this year that we were going to be in drought for a good portion of the summer I decided it would be best to recycle my dish washing water to the garden. For me that is rather simple as my counter top dishwasher drains into the basin, so putting a bucket there would make this easy.

Well I not only saved my two existing hibiscus, they flourished with the extra water. I dare say the extra nutrients from the washed a way food bits helped as well. I was starting to get tired of this chore though and had considered stopping when I realized that winter is here and that we won't be getting much rain from now until spring again. So I got stuck in again this weekend with doing this chore. It might be my imagination, but I don't think so, but I dare say my plants are enjoying the support once again.

Well scripture encourages us along the same lines, for doesn't Galatians 6:9 tell us, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” In life we need to remember to keep on doing those things that at times might seem to be tedious but we know produces good fruit in our hearts and minds and help those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment