Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

The long and windy road

Today I will share a tale of protection and hope you won't mind the slightly longer than usual blog, but please stick with me as what I am sharing today could save your life. 

Monday evening was a difficult one.  As I came out of the office and headed along Rivonia towards the highway I could tell something was wrong.  The Witkoppen intersection was grid locked and it was impossible to get through. It was then that I heard on the radio that there had been a major accident blocking the highway. 

It was too late for me to divert on to Witkoppen so I changed lanes and went straight across instead of trying to join the highway.  Trying to figure out my options I decided to try something I hadn't done before.  I took the first right after the highway and figured I would try to "follow my nose" and try and stick as close to running parallel along the route. 

For the first short while I was enjoying the meandering but I did start to get a little scared, that was until I came over a hill and I was able to see the beautiful sunset before me and I could see which way was west..... the direction of home.  After much meandering I eventually popped up in Olivedale and from there I knew my way.

It was about half way through my misadventure that I remembered what had happened that morning.  I had been running late but felt God say, "There is a reason I am slowing you down today.  Today I am keeping you back to avoid a major car accident."  To be sure I repeated the words out loud and then prayed a prayer for protection.  I hopped in my car and headed for work.  I did pass a few minor incidents along the road, but nothing unusual so the mornings events slipped my mind...that was until the evening.  God had slowed me down that morning deliberately so that I would arrive late and need to work late, thus missing the evening accident.  I have absolutely no doubt that if I had left work the normal time, I would have been in the thick of things. 

I have a ability to hear God's voice around motor accidents, specifically because I have been in several accidents before one of which I believe could have been fatal under other circumstances and through this I have learned to discern God's voice specifically in these situations.  Each time that I "missed" His warning I learned to repent and ask Him to make me more sensitive and that is what happened on Monday.

I believe God can do the same every one of us, He can keep His Word and give His angels charge over us.  We need to learn to discern God's voice and know when to apply the right prayer at the right moment to activate God's guardianship over our lives. 

If you have any questions that you would like to have answered about this, kindly write to me at: GWG.Ronwyn@gmail.com. 










No comments:

Post a Comment