Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, April 24, 2016

BCT

Last week was one of the most exhausting I've had in a very long time.  I was really struggling, so by Wednesday I decided after a trustees meeting that I needed an early night.  I had the lights down low and the kitties were settled and I felt as if I was all set to have a fabulous nights sleep. 

NOT!  On this precise evening midnight struck and my kitties awoke with a vengeance of energy.  I got pounced on until I had no choice but to let them out.  And guess what, it was the first night of our recent cold snap.  Feeling sorry for my little munchkins I thought I could not leave them out all night so I set my alarm for 2am, upon which time I once again dragged myself out of bed to let them back in.  The kitties were grateful and both decided to snuggle in with me under the covers, so I thought that I at least now had a shot of sleeping through till six. 

NOT!  5am the little monsters woke me up once again to be let back out..........Aaarrrggghhh!  My night was ruined.  Needless to say Thursday was a drag and when I eventually got home action needed to be taken as a repeat of the night before was not going to be tolerated.  I made a snug cat cave downstairs in the spare room and locked the little guys up for the night and aaaaahhh!  Sweet peaceful sleep.  I call this treatment 'Behaviour correction therapy'.  One night of no mommy and they settle back into the normal routine, which granted still has me woken up at 4-5 in the morning, but at least it is only once.

So what is God's behaviour therapy with us when we sin?  Well we are caught in a lie and are forced to own up.  We catch ourselves been rude and harsh to someone for no reason and the guilt gets to us.  We yell at someone we love and then we feel the pain of disappointment.  Through it all though if we look into the eyes of father God, what will we see?  Love, forgiveness and grace and a peace that transcends understanding and the knowledge that we can do better.




No comments:

Post a Comment