Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Year of the Butterfly

I have watched and listened with interest as I have heard people talk about their plans for the new year.  I've seen a lot of people refer to this year as "My year."  This does not surprise me at all, as if you have seen anything about biblical numerology you will know that the number 6 refers to the number of man and 16 is symbolic of love (I suppose it's not surprising either as it is a leap year).  Numbers do indeed have meaning in God's kingdom and we would do well to take note of that. 

I don't see anything wrong with us having a year of focus on self, as long as we never loose sight of the fact that God has a divine plan and purpose for our lives and if we want to bear fruit, we need to stay submitted to Him.  

As for me, what are my plans?  Well for the last two years I have chosen to focus on themes for the year rather than specific goals.  The themes have come to represent an end state of soul.  The 'year of the Ronosaurus' and the 'Lion heart year' both came to mean what they were set out to mean.  Therefore this year I am declaring as the 'Year of the Butterfly.'

For the past 7 years my life has been in a cocoon of biblical discipline, judgement from God (in a good way) and restoration.  Now it is time for the caterpillar that has been transformed to emerge as the butterfly that God created it to be and bring Him glory. 

I know only one thing for sure, this year will be a year of change.  Big changes and small changes, but change I must.  A new direction and new heading guided by God's Spirit. 

What have you set out to achieve this year?  I would like to encourage you to say this prayer with me as our year begins: 

Father God, guide my feet, my words and my actions as I prepare to take on the year and help me in every way to find your plan and purpose for me.  Help me to be and become the person you created me to be in every way.  Help me to make this year a year that will bring glory and honour to you.  Amen!

-------------------------------------------------
For your interest, you may want to have a look at these websites on numerology.  Remember that they are intended to enhance our knowledge of God and not create our own interpretation of His word.

http://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/introduction.html


http://asis.com/users/stag/numbtabl.html

No comments:

Post a Comment