Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Grounded

Oops, I disappeared again...!  Sorry, sometimes life happens a bit faster than you can plan.  I needed to do a quick trip for a few days to Durban to attend to some family business and catch up with my sister and her family. 

Saturday before last, my mom caught the bus from Kimberly to Joburg and then we flew down to Durban together on Saturday evening.  As we boarded the plane it began to rain, first softly, then much harder.  It wasn't long until there was thunder and lightning all around us.  In their wisdom the aviation authorities grounded all the planes and we had about an hour delay. 

Once we did get going it was all systems go and they had to make quick work of things and had planes taking off roughly every two minutes, it really was quite impressive.  What was amazing but scary to watch as the planes ahead of us took off was the huge white spray of water behind the wheels as the plane picked up speed. 

In life sometimes our plans do get grounded.  You may be ready to head off in a different direction when suddenly, screeech, your plans get halted and you don't know why.  Know this, our divine aviation authority, God, is hard at work sorting out the thunder and lightning around you.  I felt that today as I headed back to children's ministry.  I was ready to start preparing myself for an exit from the ministry round mid year, when God said...not so fast!  You may have gained what you thought you needed too already, but I'm not done yet!

Whenever you find yourself with your plans grounded, take heart, God is working for you not against you and He is busy making sure that when things are ready, you can take off safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment