Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, August 31, 2015

The right meds



Much to my frustration, some kind of bug has bitten again.  I thought it was just a cold but the cold medicine I bought weren’t working.  So I added some allergy medicine, still no luck.  On my way home I popped into a pharmacy to get another box of something and oh dear only minor relief so far.  So right now I don’t know if it’s a cold, bad allergy or hay fever.  Sigh!  It seems symptoms alone aren’t enough to figure out a treatment and until I get the right medicine, I’m not going to have much luck getting better. 

In our spiritual journey we can face a similar challenge.  We may have circumstances that are difficult to deal with and finding the right solution, behaviour or action can be extremely difficult.  In all these we can give thanks to God for His Word, for from it flows the life giving power of God, His wisdom and His grace.  These combined form the perfect medicine to meet our every need. 

So how do these aspects work together?  The life giving power of God gives us strength when we are weak.  With this strength we are able to stand strong in any situation.  His wisdom gives us the guidance to know in which direction our decisions must go.  God’s grace and unmerited favour allows us to find forgiveness not only for ourselves but our fellow man also.  When we have strength, direction and compassion we can tackle life’s challenges and know that we can get to the other side a stronger and kinder person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment