Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Act of kindness

Friends, apologies for the silence.  I had not intended stopping writing until advising that I would be on leave but I had unforseen problems with my network service provider and by the time that was resolved I really needed the break.  I am back now and really looking forward to getting stuck in. 

I am very surprised by a recent incident in which I tried to resolve a problem that did affect me but entailed other parties as well.  Being the type of person that I am, always wanting to be of assistance, I tried to get the ball rolling with getting the problem resolved, but one of the other parties took offense at my interference. 

That makes me think....has our world become so twisted and agressive that people can no longer identify an act of kindness?  As Christians we should know that kindness is part of the fruit of the Spirit so that behaviour should be an integral part of our lives.  I am now beginning to think that for some of us, we may be failing at this calling.  I don't say this by means of judgement or condemnation but by means of a gentle nudge to ask ourselves the question of whether or not we are walking in the fruit of the Spirit of God. 

Take some time to ponder that thought and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in identifying in which areas of your spiritual walk with God you need assistance in growing in the fruit of the Spirit.  By means of a heads up, should you be so bold expect the Holy Spirit to teach you this by means of putting you into situations where you will need to use it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment