Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Load shedding or shedding the load

Our wonderful power utility provider/government are at it again....load shedding.  For the foreigners that's cutting our power because they SAY they can't handle the power requirements and need to cut power due to maintenance, and or that they don't have enough coal or they don't have enough money, etc. etc. etc. 

Now if this were true because only the poorest of the poor can't afford their electricity bill I think most South African's would cough up a bit extra, although I might be overly idealistic when I say that.  Truth is, they don't have us fooled.  We all know the real reasons for all the nonsense is corruption, greed, over bloated staff compliment, crazy bonuses, fraud, well the list is never ending really. 

This brings me to a principle my bosses are teaching us leaders, we need to help carry each others burdens, but not each others loads.  In other words, when someone has a real and genuine need then yes, by all means help.  But if someone is struggling because they are lazy, not focused, don't care or just plain negligent, then no, you're on your own to face the consequences.  

Is that scriptural though?  Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28. But the lesson doesn't end there, verse 29 reads, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart and ye shall find rest for your souls."  A yoke is a tool used to join two cattle as they pull a cart or other object like a plough.  So Jesus doesn't say dump your burden on me and relax, he says work with me, work the way I do and you will learn to find peace and strength in the trouble or difficulty you find yourself in.  He doesn't let us walk away from our troubles he carries them with us. 

This lesson gives me great comfort in life because I know that what Jesus is saying is, whatever effort you put into resolving your difficulties, I will match you effort for effort.  Are there times that God intervenes by miracles to get us to the other side of lifes problems, yes there are, but it's not the natural order of life. 

When we walk with God, we walk as partners in life, through everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment