Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Littlest hobo's

I was awoken this morning with the sound of plastic hitting the floor.  Not sounding too serious I decided to check it when I got out of bed.  When I descended the stairs I found a bowl of kitty food spilled all over the floor, this due to the food bowl being knocked off the box in the loft and falling down the stairs. 

Now I suspect the crime was committed by one of the many little furry hobo's that frequent my home on a regular basis.  Why just the other day I came home to find a kitty sitting on Topaz's favourite chair in my loft.  The sound of my arrival home didn't seem to startle it one bit.  It did have a hard time getting down the stairs past me and my hissing fur balls.

Makes me think, if little furry hobo's seem to enjoy my home, how welcoming are we to the other hobo's that cross our paths?  Well you might say you don't pick people up off the street on a regular basis but you entertain hobo's of heart, people who's lives are facing such challenges that they just need someone to talk too, someone to listen and understand what they are going through. 

This simple act of listening can be one of the greatest ways we can show Christ to people, to be His ears, His eyes, His hands and His heart to them in a physical way.  Being willing to say to someone, "Can I pray for you," could be the single most powerful act of love they will receive in that situation.  So next time someone starts chewing your ear off, before you get tempted to cut them off and run away, just think of them as God's hobo's sent to you that day and show them all the love you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment