Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Annoying little hoppers

Last week I decided I needed to get into the garden.  I had slept in the afternoon so it was rather late when I got started.  That didn't bother me too much as I'm not afraid of the dark..... However!!!  All it took was on hop from a frog to send me screaming like a girl back inside the house. 

What is it that sends you screaming like a girl when it comes to the devil?  For some of us a nasty cough will have us crying that we are getting the flu.  For others its an expense that came out higher than expected.  For all of us there is that one thing that gets us hunting under every stone to see where a demon may be lying.  

Well, I laugh, because I have probably done all of the above.  I'm not immune to the devil's antics, nobody is, but learning to stand strong and not allow those things to take hold of your thought life and dominate them is the key to overcoming the work of the devil. 

In Christ we live and move and have our being and knowing that we can stand strong in the smaller trails of life will give us the strength we need to stand strong when that tsunami hits.  It is time we learn to turn a bind eye to those annoying little hoppers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment