Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Perfectly cosy

I am attending a two day course on the other side of Joburg to where I live. Most people would have just done the longer drive in the morning and not worried about it. Me, I'm not a morning person, so fighting double distance traffic for two days wasn't an option. Besides the course I am doing is going to require some introspection and thought and although I miss my kitties dearly, they do demand all my attention when I am home and I knew I just would not gain what I needed to if I stayed at home.

So I've checked into a very small cosy 1 bed cottage B&B for the two nights which puts me closer to my destination. I could have figured out a plan to go for something more expensive but my birthday is around the corner and I know I'll be doing something special then, so for now, cosy suites me just fine.

Paul says in Philippians 4:12 [paraphrased] that he knows how to have much and he knows how to do with little. There are times when it is completely necessary for us to be removed from the comforts of home so that we can learn gratitude and appreciation for what we have. Today I am grateful for the blessings of my beautiful home and the beautiful mountain that I get to look out on every day from my window and when I go for walks with my kitties.

Thank you God for all beautiful blessings you bestow on us daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment