Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, July 3, 2017

It's about instinct

Some time back I remember reading an “info” spot about cats and it said that by instinct cats will not drink water next to their food bowl as it goes back to conditions in the wild and that they won't trust water that is too close to their kill as it may be contaminated by the blood or germs of their kill.

In my bedroom I have two trays under the dresser, one with food and the other with water, but the kitties seldom drink water here, I'm guessing for the reasons stated above. Recently while installing the new wall panel heater downstairs, my electrician told me that they keep a bowl of water next to theirs to act as a humidifier. I decided to follow suit, but take a guess who found my water bowl....you guessed it, the kitties! So now I have a hard time keeping it filled, tee hee!

What is our spiritual instinct then when it comes to our relationship with God? Well God designed us to have a yearning for Him and thus our natural bent will be to search for and long after God. When we deny that instinct we will search for things to fill that void, but when we yield to the call of God we can come to Him and be filled to overflowing with His love.

How are you going to respond to your instinct to search for God?

No comments:

Post a Comment