Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, May 29, 2017

When you are looking

In church on Sunday our preacher spoke about worship. What stunned me is that he chose scriptures, that in my traditional mind, had nothing to do with worship or didn't even make me think of it, but by the time he was done with his sermon I saw it clearly.

Lately I have been bored with my normal reading of the Epistles so I thought I would scamper through some of the minor prophets and would you believe it???? There in the middle of all the “hell fire and brimstone” arguments were some of the most amazing scriptures that exalted God and brought the presence of God near.

Yes, when you are looking for it, worship can be seen everywhere in scriptures. In the good, in the bad, in the ups and in the downs of every story that is told, our majestic God is glorified. So too, God is glorified in every joy and every pain of our own lives. In the sadness, in the triumphs, in the failures and in the jubilation's of everyday life, God is glorified in them all.

But how is that possible, you may ask? Because God is not limited to happiness, success and joy! Scripture tells us in Hebrews that Jesus was acquainted with our pains and sufferings, with our temptations and our weaknesses, yet he still managed to die and rise again in majestic glory.....

How?

By the spirit of God......for it is not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit says the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment