Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Chicken or beef

My choice to eliminate meat products as much as possible from my life was a choice of preference and not a rule that I enforce on others, I do however always appreciate it when I can stick to that as closely as possible. Unfortunately sometimes circumstances require compromise. Such was the case with my recent visit to Kimberly.

Mom made every effort to accommodate me and that was hugely appreciated, however when she felt like a quick meal of pies, I was happy to return the favour by accepting a chicken pie. It came time for lunch to be served and mom handed me mine. As I sliced it open my pie, I noticed the sauce looked a little different. I tasted it and it tasted like pepper and I was confused but I didn't want to seem ungrateful so I took a few bites, only to discover that it wasn't quite the chicken I thought it would be.

Nevertheless I kept quite and ate away. Lenn finished his pie too, only to pipe up afterwards with “June, where did you buy these pies?” Here came trouble...tee hee...Mom replied with the store name and he politely asked that she ask them next time what had happened to his pepper steak ...Lol! Busted!

Well an amusing fight ensued with mom denying that she had accidentally switched the pies, while she was mad that we didn't pipe up sooner about the mistake rather than eating each others pies. Oh my gosh what a laugh!

Well what pray tell would be the moral of this story.....?

When in doubt, ask. Ask for clarity, ask for more information, ask for help, ask for reassurance, ask for strength, ask for wisdom and above all else, ask for forgiveness, mercy and grace. When we ask God, we can trust God and expect the blessing of receiving that for which we have asked.........

…. and if you doubt this to be true..... Ask for Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment