Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, May 1, 2017

Sew what?

Another long weekend at home and the usual pottering around happens, but I also decided to get stuck into trying to make some knee blankets for work. Well did I get it all wrong! Mother was right, I needed a thicker foot or something, I struggled to find the right stitch and boy the finishing was horrible. I was annoyed because the pace at which I am trying new things isn't keeping pace with my skill set (I know that should read differently but wait!)..... then it dawned on me....

I am trying NEW things!

How many adults without kids, or with kids that matter, would teach themselves to make fairy houses to build a fairy garden? How many people my age are learning to sew again for the first time in 30 years? And more importantly, how many people are trying new ways to connect with God?

Trying new things is sometimes a bit scary but most times just frustrating because you never know how things are going to turn our......well try them anyway! You may just surprise yourself! My little fairy houses are looking delightful and I am enjoying making every one. So I might need to practice and then still not get it right with the fleecy curtains, but at least I am giving it a go and not sitting back to afraid to try.

Trying new things in your relationship with God is also scary and maybe you're coming to God for the first time as a mature adult and realizing that learning out about God is like a baby trying to figure out his toes. Do it anyway! If you are a mature Christian, trying to figure out how to connect with God in new ways is also just as difficult. Do it anyway!

Don't hold back in fear in life, just do it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment