Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, May 15, 2017

The usual blessing

I have come to get used to the pace of the short breakaway's that I get when I go to Kimberly. I truly have an amazing mother who loves to be a blessing and there is nothing ordinary about that. Kimberly is a dry and desolate place yet I have seen time and time again that when the residents water their gardens they flourish and produce great beauty and such it is with a mothers love. Love creates beauty within the soul.

It was wonderful to be able to spend mother's day with my mom and Lenn and be treated by him to a braai, which is something I haven't had in a while. One thing that I did notice clearly on this trip is that it was a clear switch over from autumn to winter and by the time I came home, some of the trees that had been holding onto their last leaves were now bare. Yes the cold of winter has arrived.

I came home to my beautiful kitties and I realize their love for me as Ginger immediately starts demanding walkies and even Topaz greeted me with with an unusually long and loving meow, she has now even come to show appreciation at my return home. I'm all too sure they are grateful to have me back as I have just tucked them into warm beds with warm blankies to cover them and keep them snug.

Oh the usual...we have come to see it as normal yet we so often forget how amazing the “usual” really is. Its a blessing to be alive, to be able to give and receive love and to know that normal can be extraordinary if we just have a grateful heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment