Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, April 3, 2017

Bumper sticker or not?

I love my little Hyundai Atos!  It has served me well for the past 10+ years and has been fairly economical compared to my previous Jetta.  One of the niggles I have had with it though is with the paint work.  At one stage I had large patches of paint peeling off the bonnet.  After a motor accident some time back I got the bonnet repainted and fixed the accident damage and my little bug was good to go again.

Alas!  A large patch has opened on the roof and it has me worried.  It got me back to thinking about the 80's and when bumper stickers were all the rage and they were particularly useful for the old rusted sca-donks that roamed the roads and many a car had entire sections of stickers.  Boy am I glad that phase passed.  So I started wondering if I should not just stick a sticker over my problem and be done with it, haha!  (Don't worry mom, I won't actually do it, tee hee!)

[There's another point to ponder....how often don't we cover our problems with a fake smile, a laugh, or sarcasm?]

The thing about Christians and the 80's and those stickers was that it was often the cars/drivers with the most stickers that drove the worst.  Eish, what a bad rap they gave us poor bible believing Christians.....heheee.  Truth be told, I've trashed my Christian status with my behaviour before and I feel aweful for it and so I should. 

How about we don't let the external things of life determine our witness?  How about we find a way to accept our humanity and try to be kind at all times.  After all isn't it the goodness and kindness of God that leads us to repentance....let's rather let that be our witness!

No comments:

Post a Comment