Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Just a little more time

I find myself often wishing that I could just have a few more hours to the day.  A few more hours before I have to go to bed, or go to work or whatever, just a few more hours to get the things done that I really want to do.  That never happens!

I wonder if Jesus had the same thoughts too as He rode into Jerusalem on that wonderful Palm Sunday?  I wonder if He said, "Father can we delay this plan just a little bit longer, just so that I can have more time with my disciples, after all it has only been three years."

I know that pain of longing for more time.  Today I have celebrated Topaz's allotted birthday, I say that because we don't know the exact date.  However I have also caught myself feeling very emotional too, remembering back to this time last year and that it was my final few weeks with my beloved Honey-Bear and I didn't even know it.  How I wish I could have done more for him.  Tickled him more, cuddled him more and had more time to think of maybe finding a painless medical solution to his little problems.  My heart has been broken and shattered as I think of this. 

I know Jesus must have felt similar fears and pain because He actually did know what was about to come and that His time of presence here on earth was coming to an end.  There is so little solace that can come at a time like this, but I know Jesus knew that His death and departure would bring about the advent of a new era, a new era of us walking in the eternal life that He created us to live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment