Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, March 13, 2017

Ground zero

Lol!  A movie title for sure, but in this case it is much simpler than that.  I tend to get rather scatter brained, especially if I am tired and being a creature of routine and habit, I like to get things done around the house in a particular way.  So when my mind does wander off I have a little habit kick starter, I say to myself, "Start at ground zero". 

Ground zero in my house means start in the downstairs bathroom and check all chores in each room, ending in the kitchen where the final activity is washing dishes.  This little mind reorganizing trick really helps me.  I realized tonight that with all the changes in my life since Honey passed, my inability to get back into a proper writing routine was simply because I needed to find 'ground zero' for my computer routines as well. 

Do we ever need to re-set our faith in the same way?  Oh absolutely.  Life can come and hit us hard with storms, trials and grief and at times we feel we have absolutely no idea which way to turn.  That is when we need to go back to ground zero in our faith, which is the simple things, like just starting to talk to God on a regular basis.  For each of us ground zero will mean a different thing.

I pray that in whatever situation you may find yourself today, that today's message will help you to not loose heart and to simply return to the ground zero of your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment