Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The complicated thing about Grace

Grace is a word I think we use in all the wrong ways.  We say grace for our food and use grace to convey the thought of acceptance.  For example in the past 8 months as I have been dealing with Honey's loss I have told myself that I need to be gracious to myself if I cannot handle writing about my feelings.  In truth though is this not just a simple act of allowing oneself to grieve?  Is it really grace?

I have told myself it is a grace to accept that I cannot write as often as I would like, because some circumstances are in the way of me doing so.  But is that really grace or just accepting life? 

No I think that grace is the one thing that little Topaz has been brought into my life to teach me.  There are certain things that I told myself that she would definitely get a hiding for, one being scratching the furniture.  However with her hard start to life, I have realized that I cannot give her as many hidings as I used to give Honey and Ginger at her age because I cannot teach her love and gentleness and beat her at the same time.  No this little one needs time outs and soft words, as often as I can when it comes to discipline and not hidings. 

Grace truly is getting love and forgiveness when we have been bad/sinned and when we don't deserve it.  Christ gave us true grace, He died on the cross for our sins and took the punishment that we deserved upon Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment