Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, June 19, 2016

When the heart weighs a ton

I arrived home from my weeks holiday in Durban yesterday, but I have never felt so torn when returning home.  I left behind my mom and family and I miss them dearly and the normal joy of seeing my babies was broken knowing that I now only have one little man to come home to.  I'm so delighted to be with Ginger, but the grief of losing his brother still weighs so heavily on my heart and more so when I am at home with Ginger. 

In some ways I think animals are born selfish and for the most part I think Ginger is only too happy to have me all to himself, but there are a few times when I do hear a distinct sadness in his meow and then I know he is missing Honey too.  They both played so boisterously together.  I am finding it hard to adjust to the new home routine as Ginger definitely demands more of my time in play and walks for exercise.

I guess I am learning what the empty nest syndrome feels like and I feel such guilt at grieving Honey when I still have one very beautiful baby with me. 

I can only pray that the Holy Spirit will comfort me with His love and support me through this major change of life that I am going through now.  I am praying that in the days ahead I will have the strength to celebrate life's beauty one again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment