Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Scordatura

Scordatura - A latin word meaning "to bring into agreement or tune," but also the name of a short experimental film that my nephew, Daniel Bate, had a hand in making.  This was part of his course at AFDA film school in Durban and our family had the pleasure of watching it at the schools third year experimental film festival on youth day.

It was a tale brilliantly told, if I say so myself (no, I'm not biased), but seriously it was really, really good!  The real kicker is that the entire story was told without dialogue, but the imagery and music told the chilling tale of a young woman who was murdered by her possessive boyfriend/husband.

Now I could complain about the fact that our film industry just has way too much violence in it, or I could be grateful that this short film showed in a chilling way the consequences of relationships that go bad and more importantly it highlighted the major problem of the fact that many, many woman are killed by the hands of their partners, which is an extension of our abusive society.

I truly believe that Daniel has a wonderful film career ahead of him and my prayer is that he will use his amazing God given talent to further the kingdom of God and tell the stories that need to be told.






No comments:

Post a Comment