Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, June 26, 2016

A lesson from Barnabas

I'll admit that I had to drag my feet to go to church this morning and leave Ginger at home as I absolutely hate spending time apart from him now.  This mornings message however was one I really needed to hear.  Trevor Hudson is a regular preacher at Mosaic and I love his good old fashioned Methodist preaching.  

Today Trevor preached about Barnabas and what an amazing impact this seldom discussed man had on the early church and that his primary gift was that of being an encourager.  Barnabas played a key role of encouragement in both the lives of Paul and Mark and if it had not been for his ministry and encouragement in their lives, they may well not have contributed to the writing of the gospels in the way they did.  

In the backdrop of life and the difficulties we face it can be really hard to stay positive, especially if like me you are dealing with grief.  In my own life I have seen this play out in the world of my writing as over the past 6 years I have been open about writing through my difficult moments.  Rather than building walls around us we should be building bridges that help to connect people to each other and God.  We need to learn to have open conversations with people and be able to give them affirmation and appreciation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment