Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

What's your skill set?

I've been known to get a little impatient with people who just don't get it!  They are just not as good at doing something that I'm real good at and that can frustrate me no end, because it seems as if they do not understand the consequences if things go wrong.  This week I've been challenged to see things a little differently.  I realize now that I'm wrong and I need to exercise patience, understanding and grace and at times that may mean that I have to do a little more work. 

That may mean helping a colleague at work, getting involved in a group that needs my financial skills or just playing a support role.  The really difficult part is learning to do so in a way that will build up the other person and let them shine and admittedly that can be difficult because our ego's get in the way. 

The body of Christ is no different though.  In fields of ministry there are things that some people are naturally talented at and other things not so much.  Firstly we need to make sure we take up our place and play our part and then we need to help others to fulfill their calling or gifting and allow them to experience the joy of service to God in a positive way. 

So what is your skill set and how are you using it to build the kingdom of God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment