Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Part of the family

I attended a baby shower of a good friend, Nishara Siebani, on Saturday.  Being a large Indian family, they clubbed together and turned it into a wonderful party.  It was great to catch up with friends I haven't seen in a long while. 

What really stood out for me was all the wonderful memories I have had with this family, both sad and happy.  I met the first sister, Ashani Sieberts, when she joined my home fellowship group that I had while at Rhema many years ago.  Over the years they have welcomed me into the family not only as a friend but almost more like a cousin, or dare I say another sister :-)

Family isn't only blood but can span break the boundaries of race and ethnicity.  Isn't that exactly what God did for us?  He adopted us into His family and make us joint heirs with Christ.  Did God not also declare that we are a royal priesthood and a holy nation?  We are His amazing and peculiar people and I thank God for the many wonderful members of His family that I have the privilege of knowing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment