Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, April 20, 2015

Daunted

After my  bold announcement on Christmas eve that I was going to seriously look into adopting I had made some ground in the first few months of the year.  I'd read a book, done some research and reached out to a few contacts.  At some stage though fear started to creep in and I just felt I wasn't going to be able to do it.  On top of that it is amazing that when you have a clear goal time just flies and I've never felt a year fly by so quickly as this one is going.  I'll admit it has been totally daunting. 

One thing I've learned over the years is to sometimes just let things take a pause, even if it feels as though you are wasting time, you get the sense that God is busy doing something and you just need to hang 10 a bit.  Doing that, trusting God and comitting your plans to Him can only result in one thing.....

God will confirm His word!

Out of the blue I had an sms from someone I'd been trying to meet with to learn about her experience of adoption and a hurried meeting was scheduled for tonight.  Over coffee I learned that all of the fears I have are normal and that having a child, by birth or adoption, is done in God's time not in ours....

And so it is with most things in life!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment