Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wonder if they had fresh sheets?


I love the smell of fresh sheets and sleeping in fresh sheets even more. That makes me wonder if Mary and Joseph were able to get fresh sheets from the Inn Keeper? I know if I was the Inn Keeper I would have tried my best to accommodate the in distress couple that came to my door that night.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that God didn't choose to bring his son into the world, in a clinical, clean medical facility but in the mess of a smelly barn? I think the message is clear. We don't need to 'clean up our act' in order to meet the saviour of the world. God is ready to meet us, no matter where we are in life.

That doesn't mean we don't have to work to change, but that we can know meaning of Romans 8 v 1, which tells us that there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Jesus understands the sin state well, all he desires is that we come to him with a heart that is willing to change and grow in our relationship with him. As we allow his Spirit to work in us, we will be conformed to his image.

No comments:

Post a Comment