Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Essence of life

The other day I just could not shake a nasty headache.  Several pain killers and long day later I arrived home and still had no relief from the pain.  As a "last resort" I eventually decided to try and my old trick.  This I had learned after researching natural pain killers for my 'Migraine Supporters' Facebook page.  I turned to my old faithful's: Mint, Rosemary & Lavender oil.  

Would you believe it, it was not long after starting to inhale the essences, my headache was GONE.  I could not believe it, as if I had never tried it before 😱, but it had been a while and I had forgotten how much this trio really helped me.  

So in case you are wondering, no, I'm not going to bore you my research into all forms of herbalism, but I feel the faithful trio deserve their own independent mention.  I would be remis though to begin that journey, if I did not first remind us, that the study in herbs as medicine dates back as far as the ancient times.  It was not until the 19th century and the study of the germ theory of disease that doctors and scientists turned to use of pharmaceutical drugs.  

I believe nature still has a few tricks up her sleeve and that one day we may well turn back the clock to look at treatments that come from mother nature (God) itself.  So what does that have to do with our faith.  Well God is called the ancient of days and we would do well to turn to him in every situation of life that we find ourselves in to find the "cure" to our problems.  

We spend much time, consumed with endless pursuits, instead of turning to God's word for our healing both physically, spiritually and emotionally.  There is no doctor alive that can cure heartache and pain like God can.  When we turn our faith and trust back to our creator and learn to work with him instead of against him, we find our source of strength peace and healing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment