Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Clivia Heartbreak




I'm absolutely heart broken!  My beautiful Clivia's are being decimated by some kind of bug.  I had seen this happen before on one plant, but had no idea that it had spread to the others so quickly.  This because I had let me garden become completely over grown after an enthusiastic spring seed sowing frenzy to try and get some life back into my garden after the winter.  I am going to have to call in the cavalry over the weekend and clean out as much as possible.  

It boils down to poor daily, weekly and monthly discipline's.  2020/Covid took it's tole on my time.  So much went wrong last year and every time we thought we had seen the light at the end of the tunnel we realized it was just a hole in the ceiling and we were no where near the end of it.  

Why has this one plants suffering brought me to such a negative emotional state?  Because they were my garden pride and joy!  The flowers I had this year were just beautiful.  I have been cultivating a strong Clivia treasure chest by splitting them off as they grew new shoots and filling my side garden with this beautiful spectacle. 

So what now?  Certainly not cry and give up!  Get help, cut back, poison the bugs and clean up the mess.  Then I'll need to make sure I don't take my eye off the ball again.  It will take a consistent effort now to fix what I have allowed to get broken.  I hope that as the plants have recovered in previous years, they will do so again, but it won't be by accident.  

In our spiritual lives all the above applies.  We see it so often.  We have great seasons where we make plans (sew seeds), tend and care our relationship with God and then we get tired and complacent.  Sometimes this can happen by force, but we take our eye off of the core basics, and what we end up with is a spiritual mess.  

Let my gardening disaster be a reminder too us all.  Stop and take stock of where you are in your spiritual walk with God.  Don't let the devil distract you from your purpose and don't let him steal your joy and strength.  But most of all, where necessary, get help!  Call a friend, reach out to a support group, let someone know when you are in trouble.  Let someone come and stand beside you, lift your are arms and encourage you to carry on loving God, hoping for good, and believing that tomorrow can better day than the day before!


No comments:

Post a Comment