Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Organized chaos

Chaos theory is an interdisciplinary theory stating that, within the apparent randomness of chaotic complex systems, there are underlying patterns, interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self organization...This behaviour is known as deterministic chaos, or simply chaos - WIKIPEDIA  [Ya right, like I really understood all that :-p] 

Chaos can hit at any moment, in many different ways and in ways and shapes that we do not understand.  Believe it or not, chaos can begin slowly and then escalate in momentum.  You don't believe me do you?  Right, let me prove it to you.  Rewind to late 2018 when I began my home renovations.  Sure by the time we started it did feel like all hell had broken loose, but all of that would not have happened if it hadn't been for a very, very, very slow dripping water pipe that leaked so slowly it took months and months to find.  This slooooooow start of leaking pipes, eventually resulted in a drenched concrete ceiling in my kitchen, which resulted in....you guessed it, damaged kitchen cupboards.  By the time the extent of the damage became apparent, I already knew what I was going to need to do and this resulted in the renovations, which lasted a few months and which sent my life into hectic chaos.  Do you see the pattern?  Dripping water = drenched cupboards = renovations = chaos. Slow to fast.  

The repetition came in the form of a few more months of planning, while I waited for the concrete to dry and spending evenings and weekends going through dozens of stores to look for supplies.  Interconnectedness...one thing leads to another thing and so on......and we've all seen that pattern go wrong.  But what does all this have to do with our faith? 

Well the one thing I always ask myself is, how do I move from chaos back to order?  The answer is simply FAITH! 

Faith stabilizes the emotions because faith is a choice.  We have to decide to have faith that God can and will deliver us from the chaos that our lives are in back to a place of order.  When we have faith, we know that God will supply every solution along the way and that God expects of us to use our persistence, tenacity and endurance to see the storm through. 

So if you are going through chaos right now, I encourage you to join me in these faith declarations: 

* My God shall supply all my needs according to the riches of HIS in Glory.
* Nothing is impossible for God. 
* God is my shield and my deliverer. 
* God is my ever present help in trouble.
* He has sent me another helper, stand by, councellor and He is the Holy Spirit
* I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. 

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment