Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, November 7, 2016

The start of it all

It was my late fathers birthday in November 2010 that prompted me to start something meaningful.  I wanted to find a way to focus on the positive things of the day rather than focusing on the negative that lead to the beginning of my writing journey, and what a journey it has been.

This year has been tough, certain commitments have taken more of my time than I would have liked, but mostly it was Honey's passing that has been a huge challenge for me.  I have struggled to maintain 'business as normal' for quite some time.  Today is my dad's birthday remembrance once again and my mom reminded us that he would have been 70 this year, a very special age indeed.

It is the first time that Honey will be celebrating with my dad, so I hope they haven't been up to too much mischief but I have opted this year to commemorate the day by making a decision to have a new ring made.  I know it will take some time to come together, i.e. the design, obtaining the stones and then getting the ring made, but it is a positive decision in the right direction that I hope will help me move forward in both remembering my dad and Honey.

And that is of course how it all began, looking for the positive in each new day.  Note I said positive, not happiness or gladness or jumping for joy, just positive.  When we are honest with ourselves even through life's difficulties there are positive things to learn and so today I remind myself again to go back to the roots of my writing.

The last six years of writing have been an amazing journey, but hopefully they are still only the foundation, a building block, of the wonderful things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment