Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Run that by me again

If there is one thing I have learned it is how deeply a mother hurts when her children are in any kind of pain, physically or emotionally. I cannot begin to imagine the pain and agony Mary must have suffered in that final week before her Son's Crucifixion and then seeing her Son hanging on that cross. What I do believe though is that there is much about Jesus life before ministry that has been kept hidden from our eyes.

Mary knew her Son was different from any other man. From the moment of the miraculous conception and the Angel's visit, she knew their lives would not be ordinary. I can believe we can draw inference from her behaviour that there must have been many times throughout Jesus life where they would have sat down and discussed how things would play out. I know certainly if I had been Jesus mother and known His future destiny, I would have said to Him many times, “run me through this again, I need to understand.” In the movie, “The passion of the Christ” we simply see her say, “it begins.”

Yes...... I believe she did know. As a Jewish woman she would have been aware of the hope of the Messiah and though in that time women were not educated, I believe Jesus would have sat with her many times and explained the scriptures and all the prophesies about His arrest, the mock trial, the persecution and then His death.

But.... I believe she also knew one other thing! He would rise again. Do you not find it odd that after His resurrection that scripture makes no reference at all to Mary being in shock or disbelief? No, she knew, she really knew. At the time Mary would not have had the benefit of hind sight therefore she had to trust her Son's words to be true.

Today we do have the benefit of hind sight, we know the full story from beginning to end and there is only one thing left for us to do................................................

BELIEVE !!!!

May you and your family be blessed this Easter and I'll see you again on the other side of resurrection Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment