Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Pull yourself towards yourself

Sometimes we need to listen to our own scolding.  I was driving on my way home from work yesterday contimplating a new meeting I wanted to start attending but didn't really feel like it and I realized that my hesitance was due to the fact that my schedule was already over loaded.  One of my goals this year is to create a better home/work life balance and I realized it was time to do what my father used to say and "pull myself towards myself." 

I realized that unnecessary limitations at home meant I was blurring those lines.  One necessity was to get my home office sorted out.  Being and idealist I wanted a flat bed scanner instead of a printer scanner, but go figure, the cheapest printers are either half or a third of the price of a seperate scanner.  I had to lay down my preference and get the printer.  

The setup was long and tedious but eventually... printer done, check... copy done, check... scanner mpf, why does this thing not want to work?  I proded and poked that scanner to no avail.  Then it dawned on me that office and home printers are not the same and I needed to start the process from the PC itself.  After a while longer....walla, done!  

Sometimes we need to realize that exercising our faith is the same thing.  We cannot prod and poke the word of God and expect God to perform miracles on His own.  In most cases obtaining the goal will require action from you.  Most importantly we should pray to God for wisdom and what to do in our situation.  When we act positively on our faith God can direct our path and show us what to do, where to go, or whatever action is required from us.  

All the best for this year ahead and remember to, "Pull yourself towards yourself"!

2 comments:

  1. 💖 Thank you for sharing your message with us, it is amazing how it can be directed straight at us from another persons experience to one of our own.

    ReplyDelete