Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, January 27, 2020

Like Cannibals

I'll have to blame it on being hard of hearing, but when I was young and the Savage Garden song..."I wan to live like animals, careless and free.." started playing, my brain somehow heard, "like cannibals....."  - Lol, I kid you not!  At first somehow in the back of my mind I just thought, well alright then, whatever floats your boat....hehehehe!  It wasn't until a while later that something jolted in me to think....I don't think I have that right, and I went and checked the lyrics.....bwahaha. 

The moral of that that story is that sometimes we think we hear God clearly and we carry on our merry way believing that we are right, mean time God meant something completely different.  We really have to stop and think and listen before we really hear what God wants to say. 

God wants us to some degree to live life with careless abandon, to just throw ourselves into every opportunity that comes our way, to try things out and to learn something new and well if cannibals can be careless and free, Lol, how much more God's children who have His Holy Spirit living inside of us.  With that being said though, a care free spirit is not the same as a careless spirit and we need to know the difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment