Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

I do believe in Miracles

It must be over a year ago that my GP mentioned to me that she saw a perforation in my ear drum in my left ear.  I decided to take a wait and see approach, believing the perforation would seal and heal itself, believing that it was just a small tear.  In early January this year another visit to a doctor raised the issue again as the doctor asked, "Did you know you had a perforated ear drum?"  I said I had been told before but was hoping it would heal itself, to which I told, "No it won't, this one will need surgery." 

I tried ignoring the problem but over the course of the year I started noticing that my "good left ear" was now not hearing as well as the right one was and to put that in perspective as a child I had a bone transplant in my right ear and was told I would be permanently 20% deaf in that ear.  Naturally I now grew concerned and decided it was time to see an ENT.  

I saw one, explained my predicament and he advised that first step was a hearing test.  Once that was done and I returned to find out when we could operate, he asked if he had not treated an infection in my left ear yet, to which I said no.  It was at this visit however that I for the first time got to see inside my own ears as he had a new scope that allowed for this.  My shock was huge when I saw how large the hole in my eardrum really was. Nearly half the drum was missing.  

Long story short, some antibiotics, antihistamines twice a day and two nasal sprays later for 3 months, today it was time to go back to the ENT.  By now I had felt the positive effects of the medicine but was still doubtful as to whether we would get good news.  

Boy was I wrong.  Doc looked in my ear today and his surprise was audible.  Wow, he said, what a remarkable improvement.  The ear had cleaned out and all was looking well....and would you believe it, he said to me that the ear was busy healing itself and that there were now two holes as the ear had formed a bridge across the original tear.  I was shocked and at awe.  I asked him if he did not feel then that it would continue to do so, which he seems inclined not to believe right now, although he did confess that on 1 previous occasion with a young child he did see this happen.  

He cleared me for surgery.  Some arrangements will need to be made but if all goes well I'll have the surgery to repair the tear mid December.  

But Wow! How is it possible that our God can do such a miracle as to enable such a remarkable turn around that the ear is busy trying to heal itself, I'm truly gobsmacked and so.....

YES!  I do believe in miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment