Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, February 11, 2018

The time conundrum

For a long time now I have been trying to figure out how to get more time....more time to do the things that I want to do. In my efforts I tried doing things faster and faster, believing that if I got more done quicker then the time would magically open up for me to rest more, do art more, write more.

Well I could not have been more wrong. In all my haste I was loosing myself and not tending to my own needs and I just ended up feeling frustrated with life. Last Saturday out of desperation I declared the day a sleep day. I did nothing but rest. I pushed all activities to the side lines and took the time to sleep. Well that was wonderful for that weekend, but what was I going to do after that?

Strangely this weekend I just decided to not do anything hectic. I got the house cleaned on Saturday (with help of course) and managed to push through as many chores as possible early and I finally found some time...time to paint.

What have I learned? If order to find more time I need to do less, not more. I think I understand now why God created the Sabbath? Without downtime, we do not learn how to manage up time because our focus is blurred by exhaustion. All things God created, He did for our good so the “rules and regulations” are there to protect us, not to harm us.

Do you need more time? Maybe you need to learn to say no more to stuff you don't need to do and yes to what God wants you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment