Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Fighting sleep

Have you ever watched a child fighting sleep?  It really is quite funny.  I remember when Topaz was a kitten if she was over tired she would charge around the room bumping into things as she went.  Why is it that we fight sleep?  I suppose it comes down to FOMO...Fear of missing out. 

If I sleep and I wanted to paint...then my painting won't get done.  If I sleep and I want to watch a movie, I won't have been entertained.... the list goes on.  Truth is if we sleep we loose nothing.  I mean aren't our brains designed to conjure up great adventures once we close our eyes?  Of course so. 

We deny ourselves rest and then wonder why we burn out.  God didn't want that for our lives, he wanted us to be able to rest in peace while alive.  How about next time your body needs rest, take it, sleep and allow God to fill you with His peace.  


No comments:

Post a Comment