Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Work paradigm

In the 24 years that I have been working I have never experienced such a unique working environment as the one that I am working in now. I have been welcomed many times, but never with such warmth, respect, kindness and grace and I truly can feel that it is changing me.

This new experience has made me question my understanding of work ethics and culture. Is the notion that respect must be earned before it is given really true? I think not! When someone questions a mindset are they being argumentative, or curious and trying to understand their place and purpose. Is it possible for us to welcome new ideas without being threatened? Is it possible to handle someone with care who may be heartbroken from life experiences and pull out the best in them in doing so?

I had truly never thought these things were truly possible until now.....and now I believe all things are possible! If allowed this much freedom, grace and support so early on is possible, then what great heights could I truly achieve if I give the same work ethic here as I have given my whole life. I am beginning to feel a bit like Moses after being called out of desert....I believe these next 40 years of my life could just possibly be the best ever and to that truth I will now cling.

The words from a well known hymn ring out in my heart, “He has called us out of darkness into His marvellous light!” I believe now that these words could mean far more than just a departure from evil to be guided into Christ's truth, they could also mean being called out of sadness and depression to a place of happiness and fulfilment.

Yes, in this I choose to believe...can you?


No comments:

Post a Comment