Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

House and Home

In all the years that I rented space I was never really allowed to decorate the way that I wanted too because land lords don't really want holes everywhere. As a result I limited my collections to moveable decorations. When I bought my house however I knew instinctively that I did not want a bare and sterile space.

Strangely it has taken longer than I thought it would, but I actually have finally reached a point now where my home is filled with colour everywhere. I even have a few pieces of my own hanging on my walls now and one of my favourite spots is my heritage wall with all my family black and white photos hanging.

We decorate the walls of our houses to turn them into homes, but what do we do about making our hearts a place where the Holy Spirit can dwell? God desires to work in and through all of us and the greatest invitation we could give Him to dwell in us is a willing and humble heart. Even through life's darkest times if we are willing to open ourselves up to God, He will come and dwell within us and make us His divine and glorious home.

No comments:

Post a Comment