Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, September 12, 2016

A little yellow Bishop

I usually find that a short while after having lunch each day I get really sleepy and I'll be working and nodding off at the same time.  Kind of natural and the whole "stomach full, eyes shut" rule kicks in.  I have made it a habit to just take a short walk outside my building to the edge of the one landing areas.

There I find a beautiful tree that is tall enough that the top branches reach over the balcony and if I'm needing a little feel of nature I can grab the leaves and run them through my fingers.  I can usually hear the birds chirping and the winds rustles through the leaves and it is both relaxing and refreshing. 

Today as I stood there I spotted a little yellow Bishop.  He seemed to pay no attention to me and just went about his business, and by his activities, I am guessing that was finding nesting materials.  I stood and watches as he carefully snipped off the leaves on a whole stack of twigs and all you could see was leaves flying.  Unfortunately I did not have enough time to stick around to see if he was actually going to fly off with some twigs, but I think that was obvious. 

Birdies do what birdies are meant to do.  They don't question their own existence, their identity or their purpose, they just get on with it.  Why is it as human beings we are constantly looking for some other plain of existence?  By that I don't mean heaven or parallel universe theories, I mean who we are and what we are meant to do.  We are constantly after better things, more money and a life that is out of our reach.

God gave us each a unique set of skills and talents and with those we are meant serve this world we are created into and do our jobs to the best of our abilities.  When the right time comes in each of our lives God may move us from one place to another, or from one job to another, but if you are still where you are despite your best efforts to move or change, know that God is still busy with a specific work in your life and he needs you to stay there until that purpose in your life is accomplished. 

Trust and rest in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment