Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Putting up the Christmas tree

One of my most treasured childhood memories are those of the annual event of putting up the Christmas tree. A task, once old enough, my mom happily left us to complete on our own. What joy to string up the lights, then the tinsel and all the little hanging toys. What a colourful spectacle it was to turn on the tree lights each night.

My other favourite was the beautiful home made manger scene that my mom lovingly crafted from a shoe box, some Hessian and a couple of cake decorations serving as Mary, Joseph the manger, baby Jesus, some wise men and shepherds and the cattle and sheep.

Living alone the fun of putting up a tree has just not been the same, so it was for me such a great joy this year to be able to put up my sisters' Christmas tree with her and the boys and so much fun was had.

This Christmas, why not share some of your Christmas traditions with someone who may not have a family around to share this joy with. You are sure to be a blessing and the joy you will receive in return will be immense.

No comments:

Post a Comment