Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Before I go

Preparing to go on leave is always so much work. I'm quite pedantic about making sure that the house is clean and tidy and that all the washing is done so that I can have a full wardrobe to chose from when I pack.

I wonder what Mary must have packed for her trip to Bethlehem. She must have known her time to give birth was near. Nowhere do we read that this young woman who had being carrying this miracle child for 9 months ever complained about having no place to stay the night that Christ was born.

Her grace under pressure is immense and she made the very best of a really bad situations. How easily do we complain when we don't get the window seat on the plane we'd hoped for or the meal at our lunch stop isn't quite the way we wanted it?

Maybe we need to learn a little more grace when travelling and be patient with those who serve hundreds of customers every day. I know I sure will try.


No comments:

Post a Comment