Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Numbering the days


Today was a rushed day. While heating my food in the office microwave I found a few minutes to quickly read Matthew 1 (it's great having your bible on your phone). In this chapter Matthew recounts the genealogy of Christ through his earthly father Josephs line. He makes special mention that there are 3 sets of 14 generations running all the way back from Abraham.

So often in life we think that our time on earth is just a co-incidence, two cells merging and out we popped. We forget that God has measured every one of our lives back through every generations and that we are here on earth for an appointed time, for an appointed purpose.

I have found comfort in God in knowing that this time of writing is absolutely the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason and I have resigned myself to fulfilling this calling.

God knows your days, every one of them is precious before God.

No comments:

Post a Comment