Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My potted Geranium

This weekend I spotted a flower bud on my potted Geranium. This
prompted me to get out the sheers and prune the ones in the garden.
It's not a pretty sight with the plants looking all bare but it has to
be done. In order for plants to spring forth new life, some old
growth needs to be cut back.

While pruning away, I noticed some branches had died and gone black. I
had to ensure that all the dead portions were cut away. In John 15,
Jesus spoke about the fact that he is the vine and we are the
branches. If a branch does not bear fruit it must be cut off and
burned.

In our spiritual lives this means that we need to be able to assess
our lives and decide what areas in our lives are 'dead wood' and cut
them out. This might be a habit or temperament issue we need to deal
with.

Is it perhaps time for you to do a little gardening?

No comments:

Post a Comment