Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One small step


If I had been God, I would have been perched at the edge of my chair with absolute excitement watching the scenes below, in our tiny universe, when on July 20th 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon, and what delight to hear the words, “One small step for man, One giant leap for mankind”.

I can just hear God say, “They did it, they finally did it!” The joy of discovery, and I can still see his delight when new technological, medical and social break throughs are made. God has created us for a purpose, with drive and ambition.

He has even greater delight in us, when we take our first steps in him and confess, “Jesus, I need you as Lord and saviour!”. With that he gives us a thirst for his word and a desire to build a relationship with him. Those first small steps to us, are giant leaps in our relationship with God, transforming us into righteous immortal souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment