Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Can't we just go there




I look up at the stars and see the beauty of the Orion constellation, and I think to myself, can't we just go there?  Well Antaka being the closest star to earth at 1200 light years doesn't sound too bad.

Well ok, and forgive me if I get the maths wrong (blame it on Google), but at the speed of the space shuttle Discovery, it would take 37200 earth years to travel 1 light year = over 44,6 million years to get there.  Darn, that blows my brain. 

Yet one fact blows my mind even more, at that distance, how on earth, excuse the pun, do we even see it with the naked eye?  Because it is that enormous and bright. 

When people look at you from close or a distance, what do they see?  Does your smile radiate Jesus love and compassion?  Do you draw people to want to get closer to you?  Tough questions I know, but if your answer is no, then you have even more thinking to do.  

Ask God today to make his light and his face radiate through you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment